Re: terminal servers

Jody Goldberg <jgoldberg home com> writes:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 03:17:26PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> >
> >  - Nautilus doesn't properly register itself per-display or something,
> >    so trying to start it on a second terminal results in displaying a
> >    new window on first terminal
>
> If this is what I think it is then it is more of an oaf issue than a
> nautilus problem.  The same thing happens if I create a guppi
> component on one display then exit gnumeric and do it again from
> another display.  My bet is that the first run starts an oafd that
> inherits the first DISPLAY setting, then later apps use the wrong
> display.  Has this been addressed in bonobo-activation ?

I think bonobo-activation does have some way to register things
per-display (we may need Maciej to explain how), but Nautilus just
doesn't use it. At ALS Maciej said that historically Nautilus wouldn't
have worked in this context anyway due to lack of locking on metadata,
but that's fixed now.

Havoc