Re: scripting apps

Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com> writes:
> One question then is whether these hooks should be bindings for ATK
> (in-process), or for at-spi (out-of-process, and potentially remote,
> which is where they need to be for assistive technologies).

I think out-of-process is probably right; basically what you want to
do is have a way to do macros and things for existing apps, without
modifying the app. I'm told AppleScript was the same idea.

I'm not sure how all the details work, but the idea is that the
scripting works with user-visible widgets so that people can easily
figure out how to write scripts, which means a script needs exactly
the same info as an assistive technology - what buttons there are, how
to activate one, etc.

Havoc