Re: [Usability] Re: Button ordering
- From: Gregory Merchan <merchan phys lsu edu>
- To: Alan Cox <alan redhat com>
- Cc: murrayc usa net, Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu>, "usability gnome org" <usability gnome org>, gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, Gnome Hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Usability] Re: Button ordering
- Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 19:47:00 -0600
On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 08:13:31PM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> > But I am also quite convinced by the 'read-to-bottom-right' idea, and I
> > understand Seth's point that this makes it easier to keep the
> > first-choice button in a consistent place no matter what other buttons
> > are added.
> Is the patch locale dependant for layout in this case. A large portion of
> the worlds population read in other directions ?
Yes. The Gtk+ 2.0 Dialog widget automatically handles LTR<->RTL conversion.
That is thanks to Owen and Pango, not my patch.
gnome-hackers mailing list
gnome-hackers gnome org
] [Thread Prev