Panel in GNOME 2.0

Hi,

just a little question: Will GNOME 2.0 use a port of the GNOME 1.4
panel or will it already contain Vertigo?

(Rationale: I'm trying to figure when the first alpha versions of a
GNOME 2.0 desktop will materialise, because I might get a contract to
write a book on GNOME 2.0.)

Thanks,

mawa
--
Chacun se dit ami; mais fol qui s'y repose :
        Rien n'est plus commun que ce nom,