Re: RTF in the canvas?

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 06:58:55AM -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> >  If all complex features like tables and probably nested lists and even pics
> > are needed, I would suggest to use html as layout description language - it's
> > almost as rich as RTF, but humanly readable and may be already
> > partially supported by existing components like gtkhtml or gecko.
>
> xhtml is probably much more useful because you can then use namespaces to
> plug other components into the canvas (eg mathml components)

  let me add a couple for giving an idea:
    - SMIL (multimedia and temporal execution)
    - XLink (smart linking)
    - SVG (surprize :-)
    - I think there is interesting developpemnt in audio Markup too
Of course this should not go into the canvas, but having a flexible way
to use them when those features are needed would be great. I dunno how
this would fit with bonobo.

Daniel