RTF in the canvas?

Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com> writes:

> The later is a bit more complex than you think, as the most valuable
> piece is in doing full RTF, not just the pangoized version of it, and
> being able to use GnomePrint fonts.

I think it's worth distinguishing between "rich text" and RTF.

Is RTF support for the GNOME canvas really useful?

Do I really want to have to save from Abiword and stick a bunch of binary
data in the canvas?

Seems to me that somethings like Pango's XML markup is what people
want most of the time. But it is definitely "rich text", not RTF.

Regards,
                                        Owen