Re: Wow! Slick toy!

On 07 May 2001 17:17:03 -0400, Jon Trowbridge wrote:
> On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 05:04:51PM -0400, Liam Quin wrote:
> > I'd really like to see this project (or at least gtkmathview) given
> > more visibility.  It works fine alongside gnome, although as Iain
> > implies, you do need to have libxml2 installed.
>
> Maybe not.  I've never tried it, but the reference manual
> (http://www.cs.unibo.it/helm/mml-widget/gtkmathview.html) says, under
> "Requirements":
>
> >From version 0.1.1 of the widget it has been added backward
> "compatibility" with version 1.8.x of libxml, however this
> compatibility is not fully effective due to some bugs of libxml. It is
> recommended to upgrade to version 2. See file INSTALL for more details.

Yeah, I saw that, but when I tried to compile it with libxml
1.8.something, I was missing minidom which sounded like something libxml
might provide, so I assumed that it was a libxml2 thing. I might be (and
probably am) wrong.In fact, looking for Minidom on Google gives me a
link to a CVS server at the same place as gtkmathview, so it looks like
I am. I apologise.

iain