Re: galf once more: application launch feedback

> > Even given the constraint of detecting non-compliant apps, you can still
> > get rid of CORBA by having central-feedback-server as a library that the
> > launching-application makes use of. No need for extra processes or use of
> > CORBA.
>
> It would be nice if remotely launched apps also managed to use the
> application launch feedback mechanism. Using CORBA seems to be one

They can. This will work will all proposed solutions, as far as I
understand. It also works currently with Xalf.

Of course the remote applications must launched through the wrapper (must
be installed on remote machine).

With the XClientMessage based solution, the wrapper will be linked agains
libX11 (which is present on remote machine, since we are starting an
X11-app). With a CORBA-based solution, as I understands it, CORBA-software
(whatever this means) must be present on the remote machine. This is a
drawback.

--
/Peter Åstrand <astrand lysator liu se>