Re: galf once more: application launch feedback

> > There are three components in this system:
> >
> > * The central feedback server
> > * The binary wrapper
> > * The launched application
> >
> > As far as I know, most people have agreed on an arcitecture like this. An
> > central feedback server is more elegant and gives more possibilities than
> > having to run a "tracking process" for every launched application (like
> > with Xalf).

Even given the constraint of detecting non-compliant apps, you can still
get rid of CORBA by having central-feedback-server as a library that the
launching-application makes use of. No need for extra processes or use of
CORBA.

But Mary probably knows of another constraint that I have forgotten that
excludes this...

-- Elliot
These three lines
	are for sale