Re: I think we need this (implemented) bugzilla feature

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 01:45:19PM -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Mark Gordon <mtgordon ximian com> writes:
>

> > Maybe if there were a way to specify a central machine that would then
> > route the bug to a bts that you can some how specify.  I'm picturing
> > a bug transfer agent or something of the sort.
> >

> It seems like overkill to insert another server into the system just
> to dispatch transferred bugs to the right location. It would probably
> be simpler to just hack bugzilla to let you specify what other
> bugzilla instance to transfer the bug to on a case by case basis.

Yeah, that would be nice.  And it's probably better than the server
idea.  But the server would be just cool.  :-)

> Another problem is that the Red Hat, Eazel, Ximian, GNOME, AbiSource
> and Mozilla bugzilla instances do not all use the same set of fields
> or the same valid values for all fields; I imagine the bug transfer
> feature is not designed with this in mind.

Yeah, the feature was implemented to transfer bugs to the netscape
bugzilla from the mozilla bugzilla.  And I know that Red Hat, GNOME,
Eazel and AbiSource all implement different feature sets.  So It would
probably be hard.

sam th --- sam uchicago edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss