Re: I think we need this (implemented) bugzilla feature

Mark Gordon <mtgordon ximian com> writes:

> Maybe if there were a way to specify a central machine that would then
> route the bug to a bts that you can some how specify.  I'm picturing
> a bug transfer agent or something of the sort.

It seems like overkill to insert another server into the system just
to dispatch transferred bugs to the right location. It would probably
be simpler to just hack bugzilla to let you specify what other
bugzilla instance to transfer the bug to on a case by case basis.

Another problem is that the Red Hat, Eazel, Ximian, GNOME, AbiSource
and Mozilla bugzilla instances do not all use the same set of fields
or the same valid values for all fields; I imagine the bug transfer
feature is not designed with this in mind.

--
Maciej Stachowiak
Eazel, Inc.