Re: The state of our web site and standards

<quote who="Telsa Gwynne">

> So why am I not part of the solution? Because I don't understand
> the CVS module that produces the website at all, and gnome-web-list
> was, last I looked, still discussing python/php/perl.

You must have looked quite some time ago. ;) Most of the discussion
(admittedly quiet right now) has been about the information architecture and
a bit of poking around at a good, workable layout.

The whole WML thing will undoubtedly disappear into a big black hole
(thankfully kept for history's sake through the "Wonders of CVS")... I don't
think anyone has the time to work out what's going on with it any more!

Lastly, it has been said time and time again on g-w-l that standards
compliancy is of utmost importance, even to the degree of making separate
templates for CSS-layout and table-layout (for non-Mozilla-perfect
browsers). Even Bobby was mentioned by a non-Telsa. ;)

- Jeff (who should be posting to g-w-l about now...)

-- jdub aphid net ----------------------------- http://lazarus.aphid.net/ --

      We're kind of like Canada, only we hate ourselves more, and it's
                          wetter around the edges.