Re: official support for more scripting languages in gnome needed

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 05:35:18PM -0800, Ben Ford wrote:
> You are making the argument for Visual Basic.  Do you remember the
> proliferation of *very* bad programs when VB hit?  What is the next step?
> Perl macros in email?

As I promised in my diary here's a flame:

Do you remember the proliferation of *very* bad programs in C?  I can.  It
doesn't matter what language you use.  Though if you use C it's likely to crash
while that's unlikely in a scripting language.

It has NOTHING to do with macros in emails.  It has to do with easier way to
program with less bugs.  I suppose you want buggy programs.

Plus it has nothing to do with speed or bloatedness.  Look at sawfish for
example, if you haven't noticed, it's written in lisp.

George