Re: Janitor-list for code in GNOME CVS

On 17 Mar 2001 05:44:31 -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 06:07:46PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="Kjartan Maraas">
> >
> > > Lately I've been thinking of  making a janitor-list for code in GNOME
> > > CVS. This is inspired by the janitor-list the linux-kernel hackers have
> >
> > This is an enormously cool idea, and something that can only help get GNOME
> > 2.0 kicking arse as fast as some of us envision. ;) There's lots of coders
> > out there just wondering where to pitch in...
>
>   Yep this can be really useful. But identifying Gnome wide things to
> changes might be a bit more difficult than for something as self-contained
> as the kernel.

well, but it won't be too difficult to separate TODO stuff into modules, and then

in sub-modules, and then in small tasks, and all of this added to
bugzilla. What could be really useful is to have some bugzilla queries
available in a web page, so that users just follow the links there,
instead of having to use bugzilla directly.

Something similar is what we intend to do in the GNOME-DB site
(http://www.gnome-db.org/dev/index.php - hmm, sorry, it's quite ugly
right now and not finished), where we want to integrate the list of
bugzilla items related with GNOME-DB in that page, so that people just
have to follow the link, and have all information needed to start
working on that specific item.

Something of this kind could be very useful IMO.

cheers

--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/