Re: more gnome 2 proposal

Hi,

On 12 Mar 2001 06:07:59 +0100, Martin Baulig wrote:
> This is even worse since you use the word ``component-based'' for at least
> two packages which have nothing at all to do with a component system: oaf
> and gconf. So you want to do "something" with oaf and gconf.

1) Oaf is the activation mechanism for bonobo, and iirc, maintainers of
both bonobo and oaf have expressed interest in merging them.

2) The interface to gconf should be bonobo-conf.

3) Although not brought up, the interface to gnome-vfs should also be
bonobo/moniker-based.

I understand this is all very Blue Skyish, but when I said componentize
to the core, I meant it.

-Alex

--
 make: *** No rule to make target `sense'.  Stop.