Re: bugzilla (and desk guide) [was: a patch for tasklist segfaulting...]

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Dennis Bjorklund wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Tim Janik wrote:
>
> [desk-guide]
>
> > i've not seen any random crashes since Nov14 where i fixed a visual!=NULL
> > assertion in the code. so assuming you run V0.4 or better yet CVS HEAD,
> > i'd apprechiate info beyond "it crashed".
>
> It crashes every time one turns on thumbnails in the preferences. And this
> have been filed as bugs in the bugtracker system many, many times. I did a
> quick scan and found a couple of them. But I guess that there is many more
> hiding under many of the ones that have the word crash or segfault in the
> summary.

ths is fixed in CVS as well:

Thu Mar  1 05:21:04 2001  Tim Janik  <timj gtk org>

        * gwmdesktop.c (thumb_queue_step): don't do thumbnail shooting on
        iconified or shaded windows.

        * gwmh.h (struct _GwmhTask): made width/height/x/y 32bit ints,
        to avoid crashes with excessive window sizes.

        * gwmdesktop.c (task_remove_thumb): fixed thumb_queue cleanup
        code (a bug that could cause segfaults after thumbnailing was
        turned back on).

        * gwmthumbnail.c (gwm_thumb_nail_destroy): pass the thumbnail in the
        destroy function.

> Bugzilla is full of bugs saying that desk guide crashes. Maybe someone
> should go over the list and mark bugs that are old and that seems to be
> fix as WORKSFORME. That's the usual thing to do when you don't know if a
> bug applies any more and where it seems to be working. Then the reporter
> can reopen the bug if he wants to and if not one can think of the bug as
> gone..

that'd be nice, unfortunately i don't have the time to do bugzilla cleanups
for gnome-core. so if someone volounteers to sort reproducable desk-guide
bugs out that still apply to HEAD and send me a report, i'll hunt those
down.

> --
> /Dennis

---