Tinderbox.

On 11 Mar 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> This should be a step in the "work plan" in our proposal, between "set
> up branches" and "set up tinderbox."

        Useful though a tinderbox is, I'm taking a preemptive strike on
the issue - I do not believe that random people should be allowed to
commit unapproved crud to CVS that happens to make it build on the
tinderbox [1].

        I tend to think that if you are not competant to fix the trivial
sort of build problems that you get from time to time with CVS HEAD
(anything) that you should not be building from CVS.

        Of course, one way to solve this would be to have the tinderbox
tag the CVS at its last successful build of a package: tinderbox_head or
somesuch.

        Just a thought.

                Michael.

[1] - particularly when they refuse to send patches to maintainers for
such things.