Re: Minimum specs, "funky" defaults, and old machinery

>         I wasn't proposing it appear in the UI at all.  I was rather
> proposing it as the behavior when the user hasn't set "on" or "off"
> explicitly.  Once the user does so, this behavior no longer applies

That could potentially be even more confusing, I think. How do I move
back to the "unset" state if I decide I want it to choose for me? If a
user opens the preferences window, does the state now move to whatever
the program chose (and the checkbox reflects this) ? Otherwise, what
happens when the user sees the current setting and decides he likes it,
but the program decides otherwise?

-Seth