Re: Intolerable CVS behaviour

Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> writes:

> George <jirka 5z com> writes:
>
> > Well, if you feel like the corporate america is the ideal for a GNOME
> > community, then you may be right.  I don't.  I'd much rather GNOME be an open
> > community of people who cooperate and work with each other, rather then of
> > people who compete with and fear each other, as they do in the corporate
> > "capitalist" communities.
>
> Huh?  I thought all of us free software types were a bunch of
> long-haired, tree-hugging commies.
>
> [Read: this thread is getting really stupid.]

Yes. But at least today, it's less stupid than some other thread on some other
list and it's even a lot less stupid than some maintainer refusing to add even
such a trivial, but required thing like a pkg-config file to his package even
after someone offerend him doing a patch for it.

So, it's really not the worst thing that happened today.

Finally, to get productive again, since it was me who disabled his account
and Owen already reenabled it, I don't mind giving him his account back.
Owen is right that we all are making mistakes and so should he.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)