Re: Intolerable CVS behaviour

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 05:44:47PM -0500, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > And laws for censorship in communism were a precaucion mechanism as well.
>
> First of all, they do address two different problems.  ACLs are there
> to enforce the rules of README.cvs-commits (whatever the rules are)
> without impossing additional work on the maintainer.

Not really.  Both of them address a similar problem.  They stop people from
doing what the "rulers" think are mistakes.

> Now, your attempt to compare those laws of censorship with ACLs seems
> odd.  For instance, there are ACLs all over the place in the
> "capitalist" economies.  Arbitrary people can not walk into a
> company's offices.

Well, if you feel like the corporate america is the ideal for a GNOME
community, then you may be right.  I don't.  I'd much rather GNOME be an open
community of people who cooperate and work with each other, rather then of
people who compete with and fear each other, as they do in the corporate
"capitalist" communities.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>