Re: GNOME hosting

"Chris J. DiBona" <chris dibona com> writes:

> yes, history of old packages is important. It's why we created sourceforge
> in the first place, we'd go to find old packages and they wouldn't be easy
> to find.

There is a difference between archives of important things - and
millions of binaries for one app. To pick on Gnumeric (just because it
comes to mind) there were releases that lasted a few hours - we don't
need those binaries. We have a section in ftp which has major GNOME
milestones - we should keep that - it is interesting, it is
history. We should not keep old binaries that are not interesting and
do not provide much historical context to GNOME.

Cheers,

Dave
--

David Mason