Re: More about the Usability Project (and a meeting reminder)

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 12:03:45AM -0700, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > I appreciate the difficulties of working with a world wide audience, but
> > please remember that for some us, the chosen time is not very
> > appropriate (it's 0200 on a workday for me, for example). This is _not_
> > a criticism, but it would be nice to work around it somehow.
> >
> > In light of this, could there be minutes taken (just an irc transcript
> > would be good) and then another meeting held _at a different time_
> > (twelve hours later, just to be fair?) so that others can also
> > contribute? I guess you would like to avoid having infinite rounds of
> > discussion here, but cutting out half the planet on the the one and only
> > round also seems a bit lame.
>
> Actually, I'd rather the meeting be at 2am rather than 11am ;-)
>
> OK...well we won't necessarily organize anything super formal, but I'll
> be on #usability 11 hours after the existing meeting time, how's that?
> Anyone who has trouble making the current time can come then, and we'll
> have minutes of the last meeting available. It does make it more
> difficult to resolve action points, but I'll do my best to integrate the
> two opinions.

That's a good compromise. Thanks (although I'll still be offline since
work is crazy busy at the moment -- but you will at least be helping
some people).

> Sorry that the international stuff makes things difficult... Just out of
> interest, when does the foundation board meet? Perhaps they've found a
> time that tends to work well in an international context.

One thing I forgot to mention in my earlier mail is that it might make
sense to do these things in future on a weekend (Saturday US/Canadian
time, Sunday for those of us in the modern world). There's not so much
problem with getting up early or staying up late then. Holding it on a
weekday interferes with day jobs.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.