Re: Towards better OAF/Bonobo integration

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org> writes:

> For some time Michael Meeks and I have been discussing ways to make
> OAF and Bonobo more closely integrated.
>
> One key step that we feel would improve the consistency of the
> platform is to make all of OAF's IDL interfaces (most particularly the
> public Factory interface) inherit from Bonobo::Unknown. This is also a
> critical step to developing a future public CORBA API to OAF
> activation, another goal Michael and I agree on.

Does this mean that all servers activated from oaf have derive from
Bonobo::Unknown? How does that affect servers whose life-cycle
management isn't a good fit for Bonobo's refcounting?

If you are going to tight integration with Bonobo, shouldn't
the activation daemon be packaged along with Bonobo? What's
the advantage of adding the extra package?

Regards,
                                        Owen