Re: GNOME CVS: gnome-core aaron

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 10:32:20AM +0100, Glynn Foster wrote:
> First...
>
> > CVSROOT:        /cvs/gnome
> > Module name:    gnome-core
> > Changes by:     aaron   01/07/17 13:40:09
> >
> > Modified files:
> >         panel          : ChangeLog panel.hints
> >
> > Log message:
> > 2001-07-17  Aaron Weber  <aaron ximian com>
> >
> > * panel.hints: Removed references to "Main Menu;" hints should now
> > be functional and useful no matter what version of GNOME is in
> > use.  This will, unfortunately, require some new translations. :(
>
> and then...
>
> > CVSROOT:        /cvs/gnome
> > Module name:    gnome-core
> > Changes by:     aaron   01/07/17 13:45:18
> >
> > Modified files:
> >         panel          : ChangeLog panel.hints
> >
> > Log message:
> > 2001-07-17  Aaron Weber  <aaron ximian com>
> >
> > * panel.hints: Reverted. Wrong repository. D'oh.
>

> I assume you meant to commit to the Ximian repo??...in which case
> these changes will be merge up at some stage, right?

This seems like a generally useful thing, could it please then be committed to
the gnomecvs again?

In fact could ANY patch that doesn't crash too often or do evil things like
remove drawers be just committed to the panel (or gdm2 or gnome-utils or pong
or grapevine or gob or ...)? I'd much rather have things in CVS and be able to
clean them up THERE later then not to have them in CVS at all.  This ESPECIALLY
applies to things which require new translations.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   You have the right not to be killed,