Re: gnome-triggers/gnome-sound/sound events

> Putting code in gnome-session is just not good when it can be avoided,
> especially if said code is complicated. gnome-session crashing is
> very, very, very bad and will drive people away from GNOME in a
> hurry. (And a nightmare to debug, the crashes are a headache to
> reproduce usually.)

I agree with Havoc.

I want to add two things:

	* This should at least happen on the 2.x platform, not 1.x
          anyways.  (I know its obvious, but wanted to make sure we
          are on the same page).

	* Maybe it is time for us to integrate DCOP as a messaging
          bus, and use a DCOP event and keep gnome-session intact (for
          the reasons explained by Havoc)

Miguel.