Re: gnome-triggers/gnome-sound/sound events

Elliot Lee <sopwith redhat com> writes:
> I think gnome-session is the strongest place to implement the
> centralization, but only because there isn't any other process of session
> duration that can easily be communicated with using a lightweight
> protocol.

It's good to kill off some bloat, especially if it reduces app startup
time. Just keep in mind that g-s can't crash, and apps need to work in
a non-GNOME-desktop environment.

The general GNOME 2 trend (including GTK 2) is toward more bloat,
while GNOME 1.4 is already a bit much, so we really need attention on
this area...

Havoc