Re: gnome-triggers/gnome-sound/sound events

iain <iain ximian com> writes:

> Only thing I can think of is programs will end up having #ifdef USE_ESD
> #ifdef USE_ARTS #ifdef USE_ALSA etc, whereas we could just put that code
> into gnome-libs, reducing the complexity of the programs.

At some point the abstraction layers get a bit silly - (just like GDK
over GGI over SDL over X). You really only need one "sound
abstraction", and all arts/esd are both that, right?

I'm not sure about sound in gnome-session though, I'm not sure I get
the point without more explanation or seeing what the patch does (plus
gnome-session should be as tiny as possible since crashes there are
catastrophic...)

Havoc