gnome-triggers/gnome-sound/sound events

I've got a patch that theoretically changes libgnome, libgnomeui, and
gnome-core/gsm to have apps use gnome-session to generate sound events,
rather than having apps talk directly to esd via gnome_triggers.
gnome-triggers and gnome-sound would be deprecated due to their utter
uselessness, and people who wanted to play sounds would be encouraged to
just do esd_play_file or whatever.

The main benefit of this is reducing app complexity - less libraries to
link against, less code in the gnome libs, and one less file descriptor
open.

Main drawbacks are theoretically reduced speed (since gnome-session has to
get in the fact, I would guess it would be 8 context switches instead of
2), migration to the different function names, and dependance on
gnome-session.

Comments?
-- Elliot
Your freedom to change my source code does not translate into my
responsibility to foist your changes upon users at large.