GNOME Summary, Project Status reports and Alphabetical Index

Hi ladies and dudes,
Since I am going away on vacation tomorow I thought I should send you
this little status report on what I have been doing (since I think it
might be of semi-importance/interest)

First of all the GNOME Summary, both myself and Steve George are going
away/have gone away on vacation so there will be no summary next week
and there was none last week. I will put one out today for the last two
weeks and also will make one when I return in two weeks for the two
weeks I was gone. Of course if someone wants to jump in and make one
next week that is of course ok.

Another thing I have been up to is moving every site still on
canvas.gnome.org to www.gnome.org/projects/project-name/. This means
that sites such as GNOME Basic, Guppi, GNOME Pilot and Midnight
Commander can now once again be reached by people behind firewalls :).
All of these webpages can be updated through the gnomeweb-wml CVS
module. I updated the look of both the Gnumeric and Guppi sites while at
it, and made a little logo for GNOME Basic site.

Also at http://www.gnome.org/projects I made the beginings of an
alphabetical index of GNOME. It it still missing lots of projects, but I
thought I should let you guys now about it to hear if anyone had any
objections. If you think the idea sucks I will remove it again.

One of the reasons for me collecting the data for the index has been as
a preparation for starting to mail around to ask for status reports. As
many of you know, the GNOME Foundation board has decided that we should
all(all as in all projects, not all developers :) try to make status
reports regurarly to keep eachother informed about what we are doing and
planing. It also seems that I have been the one choosen to pester you
into doing this which I am sure will make me very 'popular' :). The
policy I will adapt is that I will continue to mail you about making
status reports to a) you starts making status reports or b) you mail me
saying you are not interested in making such reports.

Wether you make weekly, bi-weekly or monthly reports is not that
important, what is important is that you do it from time to time.
If anyone starts sending in reports without me pestering them I for one
would be a happy camper. Special thanks go to the Abiword project and
Jesper Skov which already mails such reports in.
Any report submissions or links to such should be sent to
gnome-summary gnome org

Depending on the volume of these reports we will include them or links
to them in the weekly summary. So if you are good to send in reports it
will mean a higher profile for your project and maybe more developers
due to that.

Anyway I will leave tommorow morning and be away from computers for 14
days (which is actually quite nice once in a while :), so you have 14
days before I start mailing you about those reports.

Christian
GNOME - Since you can't put a price on freedom