Re: control-center reorganization in CVS

On 5 Jul 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Not that it really helps, but in case this wasn't clear, the right
> thing to do was not to create new-* directories in the first
> place, but simply:
>
>  a) Branch
>  b) Change (remove and add files, etc.) the control-center/control-center
>     directory in place.
>
> Now, if you have a single branch in CVS with two different histories
> for the same file, you are going to have to drastic measures
> like creating a new module, or loose one of those histories,
> but can we hope that this will never happen again?

ehhhh... I think making a new module just to "cover up" gross things
having happened in cvs is not the way to go. IMHO we need to choose
between:
	a) live with the new-* directories, usng cvs delete and repository
	   copying to create a consistent source there
	b) consolidate the sources to the old directory, using repository
	   copy for non-conflicting files and add a suffix (-new, 2,
	   whatever) for those that conflict and cvs delete anything that
	   isn't needed.

> Regards,
>                                         Owen

	Sander