Re: Translator CVS access (was Re: Intolerable CVS behaviour)

> I have had a lot of problems with translators that try to do the
> "right thing" and actually:

And translators have a lot of problems with coders who screw up Makfiles,
forget translations, break i18n in subtle ways.

And of course other programmers.

> 	* screw up makefiles.
> 	* screw up the code.
> 	* commit code without asking.
> 	* think they know better than the maintainer.
> 	* break i18n in subtle ways.

Except for thinking they know better than the maintainer I've had developers
do all of the above to my code in gnome-cvs. I bet I and you have done it
to them too. Indeed the xml accident was a programming one not a translator.

> Many translators are also good at fixing the code, but not every
> translator is a good programmer.

That is a valid point.

Alan