Re: OO as GNOME software (topic change)

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 06:34:26AM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> > it's use.  I'd be very uncomfortable calling OO "The GNOME Office" if it
> > didn't use gnome libs.  But perhaps everyone in the future will use GNOME and
> > OO.  Who knows.  I don't think GNOME is anything less if it includes OO or
>
> Im sure Microsoft will be delighted to post fun at an integrated office suite
> for gnome that doesnt look like Gnome. Im sure some comparitive windows/X
> pictures with carefully chosen themes can make us look quite ridiculous

That is another reason not to call it GNOME Office.  I mean how could they
poke fun at us if it's not GNOME.  It's another project.

BTW, I've taken a look at some ms office apps the other day and it doesn't
actually look act and feel completely like the rest of windows either, though
it does use a same looking widget set however :)

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   A conference is a gathering of important people who singly can do