Re: My vision of gnome-libs (was Re: GNOME 2.0 meeting summary)

On 16 Feb 2001, Martin Baulig wrote:

> c) GtkArg -> GParam
> -------------------
>
> This is probably one of the largest breakages in gnome-libs which could have
> been at least particially avoided if the GTK+ folks didn't remove the GtkArg
> compatibility code.

huh? we didnt remove the compat code, a bunch of gtk proper widgets even
still use args and are yet to be adapted to use params.
gnome-libs already being adapted to use params all over the place is
a *good* thing and most of the "breakage" isn't user visible, just
language binding implementators have to adapt their glue code and they would
have been in the need to do that for glib-2.0 anyways.

> --
> Martin Baulig
> martin gnome org (private)
> baulig suse de (work)