Re: Lack of underlined accelerators in stock buttons

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> > We need a way for gnome_dialog_append_button() and friends to ask the
> > gnome-stock framework for which accelerator to use for a particular
> > button name.  And then gnome-stock needs to create an underlined label
> > and all that.
>
> If you mean in gnome-libs HEAD, don't bother - it's already done for
> GtkDialog and the GTK stock stuff, which should become the
> underpinning of the GNOME stock stuff in 2.0.

Let me present some extremely precise statistics derived from an
intensive research program.

	Number of apps using the stable GNOME platform: 100+

	Number of apps using gnome-libs HEAD: what, zero?

You tell me which branch I am talking about.

I am *really* annoyed by this attitude of "screw the stable platform,
2.0 will fix everything".  The stable platform is what we use and is
what users see.  Fixing everything in 2.0 and nothing for what we have
right now is what most cultures have defined as useless.

  Federico