Re: PATCH: desk-guide "show tasklist arrow" option

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Jason Leach wrote:

> Hey hackers,
>
> Here's a patch that lets the user have a desk-guide without a tasklist
> arrow button, which gains some people a little bit of screen real
> estate and/or they just don't want an arrow.  This feature was a
> #gnome request from a while ago and personally I'd like it.  Figured
> it'd be nice to get it in before 1.4.
>
> I tried to blend with your code style Tim, I think the patch is pretty
> clean and straightforward.
>
> Try it out.  Let me know if it's okay to commit.

the one thing i don't like about getting rid of the arrow is that
deskguide looses its handle.
once it finally gets it button3 per-desk/per-task popup menu, there
will be no way for users to move the applet or trigger any action
of the normal applet popup menu (properties, help, remove, etc...).

so while this patch could go in for 1.4 since i'll probably not add
the desktop button3 menu untill then, it'd have to be backed out
later again. for that reason i'd rather not add a new option, soon to
vanish, for 1.4.

> Thanks,
> Jason.

---