Re: the same page

> > My persnal belief is there are not _that_ many reasons why gnome is slow.
> > Those spots need finding and tackling.
>
> Great, start sending patches then :)

When I have time I am doing. Take a look at the "why do we load this font
4000 times" nautilus stuff 8)

Seriously your comment is well founded. Its worth people running strace
on apps that seem slow, looking at the code, looking at the timing and
at what is doing and asking

	"Why did it take 0.2 seconds to do this bonobo bit"
	"Why are we statting that file 350 times"

gprof can also tell some suprising stories, but on the whole it seems we are
at the "oh my god why are we doing that" stage not the "why is that code
path so slow" one