Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 03:10:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org>
To: gnome-hackers gnome org
Subject: Release procedure

Hello!

I have recently become the maintainer of GNU Midnight Commander - a file
manager for console and GNOME.

I'm going to release the next (and first under my maintenance) version
4.5.55 within few days (or maybe hours).

I tried and couldn't find any document describing the release procedure
for GNOME packages.  What should be done apart from "make distcheck" to
ensure that the package conforms with GNOME standards?  What are the
operating systems and distributions the package must be tested on?  Are
there any guidelines, checklists, recommendations?  Please direct me to
those documents.

I also need some way to upload the package to the GNOME FTP server or have
somebody to download it from my location.  Please give me the contact
information of the person responsible for FTP uploads.

Note that gnu.org (not www.gnu.org) is currently down, but I'll not make
the release until it's fixed and I get my e-mail.

Thank you in advance.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin