Re: Thinking about Dogfood

> Someone wrote in to us recently and suggested that "If you want GNOME to
> be really usable, force all the programmers to stop using a shell, and
> watch them hack it until it is."

Tuomas reported recently that he was able to do a complete
installation of Linux and Ximian GNOME without using a terminal.

There are still areas where this could improve, and I would love to
have a few days of `No terminals for me' just to try to find out what
kinds of things I am missing.

Tuomas tried this for a few days, and he did submit a few bug reports
to maintainers on things they could do to improve their applications.

Maybe we can collect a `top 10 reasons to use a shell' and try to
address those?

miguel.