Re: GNOME CVS: libgnome martin

> I don't see why we have to "bless" something before we are ready; apps
> that want sound now can pick the esound lib or CSL or as they like,
> and then once we see a clear de facto standard or really do our
> homework, we can "bless" one in GNOME 2.0.1 or 2.2 or whatever is
> appropriate at the time.

Or, we can use something like libao, which outputs to ESD, artS, NAS,
alsa, oss, /dev/null, whereever...

Elliots problem with it was that by using a wrapper to lots of wrappers
we would lose the more powerful features of some of the more powerful
ones, but if all we're using this for is to make "Swish" sounds as the
panel slides around, then I don't see the problem with it.

iain