Re: URIs vs. half-baked URIs (was Filesel drag and drop)

Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:
> I don't mean to pick on Alex, he just happened to be the one who
> posted the code, but this is a real problem. At some point we have to
> start distinguishing between places that use real URIs and places that
> use these kinds of half-baked URIs if we want to be able to drag files
> that have "%" characters in the file name.

I don't think we should distinguish between them, I think we should
fix them all to use proper URIs...

Anytime interoperation is required, you simply have to lay down the
law and say "the spec must be followed, and I will follow the spec."

Havoc