Re: File Dialog

+++ Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 04:07:25AM +0200 +++
Christian Meyer e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> > Here it is, and for those people who don't know that we had a UI Design
> > site, that URL as well.
> > http://developer.gnome.org/gnome-ui/hitsquad/filedialog.html
> > http://developer.gnome.org/gnome-ui/
>
> Thanks.
> For me it lacks:
> * a bookmark icon, where you can DIRs, URLs a.s.o (that one in kde
>   file selector isn't bad)
> * a sidebar, like the M$ fileselector has

Why?

> * some sort of navigation buttons

A file browser does not need navigation buttons IMHO. The back button
is the entry for the .. dir, anyway.

An up button would maybe be of use.

> * a button where you go quickly to the home DIR
> * maybe a reload button for updating the DIR content
>
> Additionally it should have image preview. Nautilus widgets can be
> used for that purpose.

We could simply replace the file selector by a button that opens a
file manager window and then turns into a drop well.

mawa
--
Q: What did the fish say when he hit a concrete wall?
A: "Dam!"