Re: Integration of gmc and nautilus desktop directories.

> well, it depends on how one is mounting the partition.
>
> if i mount it from a shell, i care very little probably when it shows up
> on my desktop.
In all due respect, you are not the average user that I hope that an
accessible and
useable desktop linux environent will appeal to.  If a user has a desktop,
it
is only logical that mounted volumes should appear on it regardless of the
method the mount occurs.

(in practice, i find it more annoying that it pops up a
> dialog saying "searching for trash folders" every time i mount it, and
> then doesn't let me unmount for 30s+ while it is doing this search).

Red herring.

> if i right click on the desktop then mount from there, the fm knows
> something should be mounted soon, so it can start checking for the newly
> mounted partition.

The real issue is how we should respond to the automounter, not to mount
invocations from the terminal
or desktop context click.  The suggested 5-10 second update delay in this
instance is flawed.

Gene