Re: Integration of gmc and nautilus desktop directories.

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 10:26:11AM -0700, Gene Ragan wrote:
> A five to ten second delay between mounting a volume and having an icon
> representing the mount appear on the desktop
> is simply unacceptable.
Maybe you need a one-per-machine daemon to monitor such events, using
the kernel notification mechanisms where available.  Gnome in general
needs to take more care about remote sessions I think.

Thirty or a hundred remote clients doing 10 opens per second (or, if
that stupidity is fixed, one per second) might not be good, and a
thousand of them is probably just as unacceptable.

Lee

--
Liam Quin - Barefoot in Toronto - liam holoweb net - http://www.holoweb.net/
Ankh: irc.sorcery.net www.valinor.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org www.advogato.org