Re: The state of our web site and standards

<quote who="Daniel Veillard">

>   validity has no sense in isolation. You're making up concept which don't
> exist I'm afraid. using strict or transitional in the header make something in
> the content either valid or not, I can come up with precise examples
> if you need them

True, I did think about this whilst writing that email. I will suggest that
as pages are committed, we have a validator run over them automatically.
Kind of like tinderbox, but for web weenies. :)

>   I think I just got a request to get less mail in the future, sure
> I will unsubscribe to the web list and look somewhere else.

Not at all, your input is always appreciated. Most of us just have a
terrible snap reaction to anything approaching the horrors of WML. :) [ I'm
not allowed to talk about the horrors of PHP though... ;) ]

The web list has just picked up again, and it looks like it's time for the
dreaded implementation argument we've all been trying to avoid... So, if you
have any axes to grind (or preferably wisdom to share), get in quick.

- Jeff

-- jdub aphid net --------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --

                  ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.