Re: The state of our web site and standards

>   Basically our web site is looking like a assertion that the Gnome
> project don't care about standards compliance. Let's take our main
> web page and try to check it's conformance:

Basically it's not.
How many people run a validator on sites they go to? I would imagine a
VERY VERY small minority.
It's not like someone's going to come upon the site and say "Hmm, this
GNOME thing looks damn cool, but awwww, their site doesn't validate, I'm
not touching that".

So basically, I think having a standards compliant website, while nice,
isn't all that important, and there's far more important things to do
with the website. It's definatly not "an embarassment" or whatever Telsa
claimed it was.

Plus, that Bobby thing just gets anal to stupid extremes. The last site
I wrote and ran through it, I was marked down because I didn't include
the size of images in the alt tag. (NB, some of the Bobby things are
useful, but not all of them.)

Finally, DV, you could always fix it, as you suggested to Jacob when he
pointed out bugs in nautilus. (Kinda tongue in cheek)

iain - tired and jetlaggy.