Full time sysadmin for GNOME

As GNOME has grown, system administration has become a problem.

Every time people have problems with the services on out boxes
we need to bug people like martin or owen, both of which
are doing lots of other important stuff for GNOME and it just
feels not right having to bug them for stuff like this. I am
a bit sick of having to do this.

There are a lot of tasks that need to get done, and I have the
feeling that this colaboration effort is not beeing good enough
for our needs/objectives. I can think of lots of tasks that we need a
sysadmin for.

- Who can we bug when :
a) gnotices is down ?
b) there is a stale lock on cvs and we need to unlock it ?
c) forgotten password for ssh ?
d) ftp/cvs access ?
e) cvs surgery ?
f) mailing list creation/modification ?

I am just sick of having to ask someone that i know is busy
and is not their job or it is not something he is explicityl
contributing to GNOME with.

[Solution a]
Now, if we can make a list of sysadmin tasks and divide the
tasks that need to get done, fine with me as long as we fix
the problem and people know who to bug when something is
needed.

[Solution b]
If we decide to get a full time sysadmin on behalf of GNOME
i think that the foundation can figure that out where to get
the cash for this. I like this solution better.

love,
Chema