Re: Multi-sessioning for GNOME [revisited]

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 01:15:57PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> So our target here should be GNOME 2.0 and we should be thinking "get
> it right." We have a semi-plan on how to support this from the GConf
> side, and gnome-session needs a lot of enhancement all around (Owen
> could elaborate there and probably has in the past).

I have to agree with Havoc here.  I guess we shouldn't get "hung up" on 1.4.
1.4 is basically a release to get all the currently finished stuff out and
get on with 2.0 devel.  One slightly disturbing thing is that there has been
very little gnome 2.0 work done recently, perhaps if those wishing to do
these things would spend the energy on solving this in 2.0 (which will give
much more freedom in terms of how things can be implemented) I think we will
have 2.0 out soon.

If we keep on adding features to 1.4, it will slip yet again and again and
2.0 will slip even further, as no one will work on it.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   If all economists were laid end to end, they would not reach a conclusion.