Re: Multi-sessioning for GNOME [revisited]

> Yes, but I think it's stupid to make future upgrades to the right way
> much more painful, when GNOME 2.0 is in the pretty near future. We
> shouldn't introduce some feature that we're going to break and change
> with confusing results only a few months later.

This I think is a very very good point.

> I don't agree. The env variable hack will be highly suboptimal. I do
> not want my mouse acceleration settings to be per-session. That is
> just freaking broken. I will get bugs in the Red Hat bug tracker about

Last time I looked at this I concluded that mouse settings belong per mouse.
I in fact do (just to ruin your example) have per session mouse settings. Since
my Palmax is either being used remotely (3 button scroll mouse) or locally
(touch screen) it seems very reasonable.

I'm quite happy for GNOME_WORLD to remain an addon patch until gconf allows
me to cleanly manage per session and per display configuration as I want it
to work.

Alan