Re: global (MacOS Style) menubar applet [initial patch]

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Miguel de Icaza <miguel helixcode com> writes:
> > The KDE approach is to set a "hint" on the window, and let the window
> > manager, reparent the window to the top.
> >

> That seems like a relatively clean solution to the problem to me. And
> has the advantage that the same window manager could support both
> GTK and Qt apps.

I suppose an applet too could look for that hint and reparent the
window. From using my patch a while, I must say I really do like having
the menu inside a panel. It gives a much more integrated feel, and would
(not implemented yet) allow you to customize the position easier.

Do you guys opose having a panel applet that can look for the window
hint and swallow the menu?

Mark