Re: CVS policy

On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 02:58:06PM -0800, mjs eazel com wrote:

> Recently, Marco from the Galeon project asked to have Galeon imported
> into gnome-cvs, and for accounts to be created for the active Galeon
> developers. This sparked a discussion of what kind of policy we want
> for importing new projects into gnome cvs, and for creating gnome cvs
> accounts.

> Anyway, I've given you a topic, please discuss. :-)

I tend to agree with your thinking on this, that actively maintained, useful
projects that want to get into GNOME CVS, should be let in. I think there's a
need to fix a lot of our infrastructure to support this, though, which brings
me to a somewhat tangential topic that I wanted to mention.

The Sourceforge thing that was brought up a while ago. Doing CVS like this
was one of the things mentioned from Sourceforge/VA, I seem to remember, and
the question that springs to mind immediately is:

Why does Galeon want to get into GNOME CVS? They're on Sourceforge now. Is it
because they want to be more closely associated with GNOME, is it because
they want to share files using &-modules, or is it because they're unhappy
with the level of service and so on at Sourceforge? This would be a pretty
relevant question to have answered, and will make it easier to form a policy
on what project and how projects should be allowed into GNOME CVS.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code web monkey - joakim helixcode com - Radagast IRC
      FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer